Engineering COTS* Technology, Legacy systems and Product Lines:
When you develop or procure a product, you rarely start from a clean sheet of paper. Indeed, you often have to adapt your systems engineering activities to consider pre-fabricated systems elements, such as inserting COTS (commercial-of-the-shelf) technology, maximising the use of your present product portfolio, managing legacy systems, or considering existing interfaces or architectures. Does this sound familiar?
Our Beyond Greenfield Systems Engineering course targets anyone with a fundamental command of systems engineering who seeks to build their abilities to modify, develop, or maintain non-clean-sheet systems.
During three intensive course days, you will receive a systemic overview of how to move from greenfield to non-clean-sheet development projects. The course blends interactive lectures and in-class exercises to help you adapt the fundamental principles of Systems Engineering to address issues related to COTS technology, legacy systems, reuse, and product line engineering.
This course is conducted in collaboration with:
Course code: DW160 | Level: Continuation | Duration: 3 days | Language: English | Ideal group size: 16 students | For more information: Contact Jonas Andersson at +46 707 707014 or indicate your interest here
Our Beyond Greenfield Systems Engineering course targets anyone with a fundamental command of systems engineering who seeks to build their abilities to modify, develop, or maintain non-clean-sheet systems. The course is highly suitable as company internal competence development, or as a starting point for enhancing your methodology.
- The key characteristics of non-greenfield development efforts
- How to effectively plan and manage a non-greenfield systems development or procurement effort
- How a non-greenfield development affects your requirements, architecture, and design
- How to effectively integrate your systems in a non-greenfield development environment
- Effective integration, verification and validation in a non-greenfield development environment
- Non-Greenfield Concepts and Principles
- Non-Greenfield Influences on Requirements Development
- Non-Greenfield Influences on Architecture and Design
- Non-Greenfield Life Cycle Considerations
- Non-Greenfield Influences on Integration, Verification, and Validation
- Non-Greenfield Influences on Engineering Management and Technical Leadership
Fill out name and contact information and we'll get back to you. We can conduct the course as company internal training, or as open education if we have a sufficiently large student group.